After the workshop participants will receive a
certificate of completion and a Cisco Networking Academy Introduction to
Cybersecurity Badge: https://www.youracclaim.com/org/cisco/badge/introduction-to-cybersecurity.
Participants will learn these core skills:
- learn what cybersecurity is and its potential impact to you
- understand the most common threats, attacks, and vulnerabilities
- gain insights for how businesses protect their operations from attacks
- find the latest job trends and why cybersecurity continues to grow.
Computer and Internet Access
You will need consistent access to a decent high-speed internet connection and computer is necessary for participation in this online workshop. At minimum, your computer should be less than five years old and should have:
- Windows 10 or Mac OS X Version 10.11 El Capitan or higher
- At least an i5 Intel Processor
- At least a 500GB hard drive
- At least 4GB RAM
- Built-in or USB attached webcam and microphone (note, we will need video for the synchronous lab sessions.)
Smartphones, Chromebooks, iPads and other tablets typically do not meet these requirements.
John Osthoff is a professor of Computer Information Systems
at Berkshire Community College with over twenty years teaching experience. He
has spent most of that time as a member of the Cisco Networking Academy teaching
Networking and Network Security classes. Prior to teaching, John spent about 20
years in industry as a test equipment and software engineer.